Daily Schedule - Thursday, April 16, 2020 - "A" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Reminders:
Passover
3 p.m.  Grades 4 & 5 Faculty Meeting
-----------------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Kiersten Thomassey

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA?
The 4th Grade Musical

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA?
Winning back-to-back state titles in field hockey.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch.
Michelle Obama

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)?
Take courses that you are interested and will do well in, don't focus on the status of the class (AP/Honors).

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)?
Take your time to make the right decision about where you want to go to college.

What will you miss most about CA?
The sense of community that we have.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why?
I can't choose between Dr. Jacky and Dr. Stegemiller. They both have meant so much to me throughout high school. Because of all the meaningful conversations, support and advice they have given me throughout the years, they have both played a significant role in my life.

-----------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Andrew Leaventon

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Trip to Glen Helen

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? The last bell before spring break

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Mahatma Gandhi

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don't be afraid to be yourself and ask for help from a teacher or upperclassmen when you need it.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Make the most of the time you have left and enjoy it.

What will you miss most about CA? The community and teachers

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Bolognese because he has taught me for three years, and introduced me to computer science and a potential career path that I now want to pursue.

Image may contain: 5 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, childImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, baseball, hat and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, sitting and childImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor, possible text that says 'COLUMBUS 1911 ACADEMY'Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

(Edited by Jeremy Morgan - original submission Wednesday, 15 April 2020, 4:45 PM)