Site news

Daily Schedule - Friday, April 17, 2020 - "B" Day

Daily Schedule - Friday, April 17, 2020 - "B" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!

------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Ali Khan

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? The classroom modulars were interesting and a nice memory of my first year at Academy.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? 8th grade trip to D.C., varsity golf team and the community at CA.

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Push through -- a couple of years might be tough, but be focused.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Enjoy senior year and the people around you!

What will you miss most about CA? Right now, the community and free time with friends.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Jacky, Mrs. Eden and Mr. Leet have taught me a lot over the years and made me comfortable with everything.

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: people playing sports, golf, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 3 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, outdoor

--------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Leah Valdman

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Playing the lead role in our 4th Grade Musical, Aristocats

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Running around the school at 3:00 a.m. during Senior Lock-In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Ruth Bader Ginsburg

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Even though high school may seem stressful and scary, don't ever forget to enjoy every moment and appreciate even the bad things because you will grow as a person and it goes by too fast.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Don't focus on how it is a stressful time, instead find little moments to enjoy with your friends and make memories.

What will you miss most about CA? Teachers that made my day better and moments spent laughing with my friends.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Yan has had the biggest impact on me. I had her as a teacher for three years and she helped me through many stressful times as well as strengthened my love for Chinese. We went on the China trip in 9th grade, and I always have conversations with her in Chinese. She helped me improve so much and I am forever grateful. That is why I am planning to continue studying Chinese in college and hopefully use it in my future career.

Image may contain: 8 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person