Site news

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Saturday, April 18, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
-------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Carolyn Zhang

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? The Naval Battle in sixth grade

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Hanging out with Eva, my Kindergarten Buddy

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Leonardo Da Vinci

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Join a variety of clubs that interest you freshman year, and for the next three years, dedicate your time to the couple that you enjoy the most.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Write a couple different Common App Personal Statement drafts by late summer.

What will you miss most about CA? All of my teachers and friends

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Ms. Bening! I'm so lucky to both have had Ms. Bening as a Latin teacher and to have worked with her as a Shaper for the Service Board for the past three years. She serves as a role model for us all through her display of selflessness and involvement in the community, as well as the genuine care she shows for her students.

Image may contain: 7 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 3 people, people playing sports, basketball court, child and shortsImage may contain: 3 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 person

--------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Mike DeAscentis

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Meeting my senior buddies and our 4th Grade Musical

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? First day of senior year getting our Kindergarten Buddies and the Senior-Lock In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Bill Gates

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Enjoy high school and make sure you try hard freshman year because the first year does matter.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Apply to whatever colleges you want to and do not let ANYONE stop you from doing so, because you never know what will happen. Also, enjoy your moments together because time really does fly by and you never know what is going to happen.

What will you miss most about CA? All my friends and classmates

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Ms. Reifeis has made the biggest impact on me because she helped me to improve my academics, but also taught me many other things that I will be able to carry into my career and life long past high school and college.

Image may contain: 4 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 2 people, people standing and hatImage may contain: 7 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, grass and outdoorImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, swimming, pool and outdoor