Site news

Sunday, April 19, 2020

Sunday, April 19, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0

#AllinThisTogetherVikes!

---------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Ashton Cofer

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? I loved hunting for bugs during community ecology in Mr. Davis' Advanced Biology class freshman year.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Winning the regional finals in soccer this past fall!

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. In computer science class we studied Alan Turing, the father of computer science. I think that it would be incredibly unique to see his perspective on the modern computing industry.

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don't be afraid to try new clubs and activities as the things you'll come to love the most are often out of your comfort zone at first.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Enjoy every day of senior year as if it were your last day. Whether it is stressing about college applications in the lounge or playing kickball in the Senior Quad, you'll never realize how much you'll miss it until it is gone.

What will you miss most about CA? Being able to always see friends and teachers in the hallways multiple times a day

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. DeVore leads the Robotics Club and was always eager to devote hundreds of hours to it and provide resources for us to succeed. Whenever myself or the team needed help, he was always there and willing to sacrifice other commitments. I have thoroughly enjoyed getting to know him throughout my Academy career and will take many of his unique insights with me as I go off to college.

Image may contain: 4 people, textImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 3 people, possible text that says '3'Image may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 4 people, people playing musical instrumentsImage may contain: 1 person, closeup and outdoor

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Sarah Edwards

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Special Friends Day in Lower School

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Senior Lock-In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Marilyn Monroe

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don’t rush through the years just because you want to get out of high school.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Enjoy every moment with your class because it goes by before you know it.

What will you miss most about CA? I will miss the Class of 2020 the most. I’ve been with the same people for 12 years and it will be hard not seeing them everyday.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Leet because he taught me to never give up on myself.

Image may contain: 5 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and basketball courtImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 5 peopleImage may contain: 4 people, people playing sports and basketball court