Daily Schedule - Monday, April 20, 2020 - "No Letter" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0

Please see Division-specific schedules

Yom Hashoah begins this evening

#AllinThisTogetherVikes!

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Abigail Freytag

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Playing with my classmates, doing fun projects with them and field trips

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Senior Lock-In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Michelle Obama

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Have as much fun as possible with the people at school and in your life, and take as many opportunities as possible because before you know it high school will be over!

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Treasure the time that you have with your friends and teachers, and take advantage of all the perks and fun things that you get to do as a senior!

What will you miss most about CA? The community and friendships I built.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Davis because he had helped me through high school from start to finish. He helped me with Advanced Biology my freshman year when I wanted to quit, and was always there for me as an advisor and mentor through the years. I got to have him again senior year which was great because I got to spend a lot more time with him in class and in advisory as well.

Image may contain: 1 person, textImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 2 people, childImage may contain: 1 person, indoorImage may contain: 1 person, childImage may contain: 1 person, standing and closeupImage may contain: 2 people, closeupImage may contain: 1 person

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Jay Gokhale

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Eighth grade trip to Washington D.C.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Senior Lock-In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. John Maynard Keynes

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Take advantage of the exceptional opportunity you have to receive a Columbus Academy education. High school is not the time to take it easy and load up on free periods, but rather be involved in the school community, make lifelong connections and advance yourself through academic studies and extracurricular opportunities

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Don’t have any regrets. Soak in your last year at Columbus Academy and last year of high school, and don’t have any hesitation to try new things or live it up; because time flies, and before you know it your time at CA is over.

What will you miss most about CA? The tight-knit community and amazing people

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? So many people have made a profound impact on my development as a person, but if I had to name someone it would be the late Mrs. Alicia Chaves. She inspired me to treat everyone with the utmost respect and make kindness an integral part of my personality. I will forever continue the impactful lessons she taught me.

Image may contain: 3 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, sittingImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 2 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, people standing, tree, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person