by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Reminders:
Ramadan begins this evening
3 p.m. Board of Trustees Meeting
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!

--------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Aniv Ray

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Either the eighth grade trip to Washington D.C. or the Cold War Trial.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Model UN trip to Washington D.C.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Alexander Hamilton

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Enjoy freshman year and don't be afraid to try new activities/clubs.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Start your college applications early, and make the most of senior year because it’s your last year at CA.

What will you miss most about CA? The people

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Feinberg because his classes and teaching inspired my interest in computer science.

Image may contain: 3 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, eyeglasses and closeupImage may contain: 5 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, cloud, sky and closeupImage may contain: 5 people, people standingImage may contain: 2 people

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Alexandria Graham

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Middle School Business Fair

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? The impromptu final bell before spring break.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. FDR, Vladimir Putin or Maya Angelou.

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Take time to explore and build up the friendships in your life that will hold your head up through stressful times.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? RELAX and pursue the things you enjoy. Most colleges value what you love and that passion comes through. Don’t do things for apps, do what you have passion for as it will come through. Also, don’t stress about college, applications and building your resume. It’s so random and is what it is.

What will you miss most about CA? The environment at CA helped me to learn the balance between work and relaxing, which I know will help me in the future with my mental health. Also, it installed in me an ambition and individuality. I had so many phenomenal teachers which allowed me to find passions I never thought I’d come across. Because of Ms. Reifeis I found a passion for art, Dr. Bundy showed me a passion for politics, Ms. Hogan installed in me the power of speech, and Dr. Yan Laoshi showed me the power of making friendships across cultures.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Yan -- she is there to have conversations with me about anything which really helped me in tough times. Teachers don’t have to be all academics, as the ones who will sit and have convos with me about nothing are the people who take the stress away and truly support my learning. Dr. Yan also would speak to us in Chinese about funny topics to make learning fun outside of class, and meet up with us during breaks to review the Chinese we had let slip out minds.

Image may contain: 5 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 3 people, people sittingImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeupImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports, tennis and outdoorImage may contain: 3 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 person, standing, beard and outdoor