Daily Schedule - Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - "C" Day

Daily Schedule - Wednesday, April 29, 2020 - "C" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
---------------------

Senior Spotlight - Mark Naguib

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Going to pep rallies with my senior buddy as a kindergartener. It was always so fun to follow them around and play with them!

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Our successful soccer season this past fall was by far my most favorite recent memory. The season was filled with so much excitement and I couldn’t have asked for a better time!

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Martin Luther King Jr., because of his boldness and courageous acts.

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Take every day seriously, but remember to keep everything in perspective. While every test is important, it’s not the end of the world if you do bad on some. You won’t do well on everything so don’t be upset when it does happen, but rather learn from it.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Start the college process early and don’t leave it for the last day.

What will you miss most about CA? Bonds I have made with so many teachers through the years.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you? Dr. Stegemiller has always been someone I can go and talk to for advice or just to chill out. He is such a great teacher and I loved getting to know him more than just a teacher.

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 3 people, childImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, childImage may contain: 4 people, people sittingImage may contain: 3 people, outdoorImage may contain: 5 people, people playing sports and outdoor

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Emma Smith

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? First Friday and all of the football games.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Singing old 1950s music with Mr. Block during morning art class.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Richard Powers

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Get ready! These four years will pass by so fast, but it will also not be easy. Being in Upper School presents a lot of challenges, but it will also open you up to opportunities and freedom like you have never experienced before. Have fun with your friends, make new ones, stay on top of your work, connect with your teachers and most importantly live it up! Make memories to last a lifetime and don't wish it away for anything, it will be over before you know it.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Your senior year will be over in the blink of an eye -- everyone will tell you that, but it is true. So please enjoy every minute of it. There are going to be some tough times where you wish that graduation was already here and there are going to be amazing times that make you wish graduation could never happen. Senioritis is real, don't take it lightly. But please please please enjoy every single moment, senior year will be over so fast and you can never get that time back.

What will you miss most about CA? Our sense of community and family.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Block - he began teaching me during my sophomore year for 2D art and now I have been in portfolio art for two years. I began as a shy kid who never talked and would never open up about my artwork, to indulging in the arts and spending every extra minute I have in his room. He taught me so much about myself and especially how to open up and find meaning in art and in life. During my senior year, I had an art class dedicated to only myself and Mr. Block, truly the highlight of my career at CA. I consider him one of my closest friends and I am forever thankful for every conversation, word of encouragement and every suggestion I have ever received.

Image may contain: 5 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, sitting and tableImage may contain: one or more people and childImage may contain: 1 person, sittingImage may contain: 2 people, people playing sports and basketball court