Site news

Saturday, May 2, 2020

Saturday, May 2, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
----------------------
Senior Spotlight - Eliana Jenkins

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Participating in the Aristocats musical in fourth grade.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? The trip to Spain my sophomore year.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Malcolm X

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Be present as much as you can in all of your high school experiences because it will go by quicker than expected.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Finish strong and don’t slack off just because you’re becoming a senior.

What will you miss most about CA? The supportive faculty.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? There are many Upper School faculty and staff members who have contributed to my growth over the past four years. However, I have to pay tribute to my seventh grade history teacher Mr. Henry, and the late Mrs. Candler, my fifth grade advisor, because their words of encouragement and belief in me have stuck with me through high school. They always saw something in me and lifted me up when I felt underestimated. For them I am forever thankful.
Image may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 2 people, child and closeupImage may contain: 3 people, childImage may contain: 1 person, standing and indoorImage may contain: 1 person, sitting, child, tree, shoes, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 2 people, closeup

---------------------------
Senior Spotlight - Jacob Horack

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Nelson Mandela

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Study!

What will you miss most about CA? My friends

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Kerr -- he was a good guy and taught me more about life than biology.
Image may contain: 5 people, textImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, standing and nightImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: one or more people and shoesImage may contain: 3 people, outdoor