Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday, May 3, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
-----------------------

Senior Spotlight - Jacob Liu

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Spending time after school in the freshman lounge and getting to know new people who are still my closest pals today.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Traveling to Washington D.C. for Model UN.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. R.A. Fischer

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Use high school as a venue to learn and explore your own identity. You have four whole years to find out what kind of character you want to define yourself as.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Cherish the time left you have left with your classmates, because your senior year will be over in a flash.

What will you miss most about CA? Friends who have now become family.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Linder and Mr. Feinberg have left a profound impact that will linger with me for the rest of my life. They demand only the best work from me and have taught me how to conquer countless challenges. Their classes are laden with rigor, but they've encouraged me to embrace the struggles rather than shying away from them. Most importantly, not a day passes where I'm not curious about new topics – largely by virtue of the hunger for knowledge that they have impressed on me. As I transition to college, I know I'll continue to represent the spirit that these two embody so well.

Image may contain: 4 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, eyeglassesImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 3 people, people smiling, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, people standing and indoorImage may contain: 4 people, people eating, people sitting, indoor and foodImage may contain: 1 person, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 3 people, people standingImage may contain: 5 people, people standing and outdoor

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Whitney Hannallah

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Jump Rope for Heart

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Advisories

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Toni Morrison

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Enjoy the little things and try not to get wrapped up in the stress of high school

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Live in the moment.

What will you miss most about CA? The people

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Davis for being a great conversationalist in advisory and always being there for me as a student and person.

Image may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 1 person, child and closeupImage may contain: 3 people, people sitting and outdoorImage may contain: one or more peopleImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor