Daily Schedule - Thursday, May 7, 2020 - "C" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
6:30 p.m.    Rising Grade 7 Parent Meeting
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
---------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Ryan McGraw

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Hanging out on the rolling slides at recess with my friends.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? I really enjoyed spending time in the study room and "studying" with my friend group.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Nelson Mandela

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Enjoy the freedom that Upper School gives you and don't worry too much about the Junior Speech, you'll do great.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? You're almost there! Just one more tough semester until everything starts slowing down.

What will you miss most about CA? The people.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Street: Throughout my senior year I’ve always looked forward to your classes (yes, even calculus), because of the things you teach, lessons that are more than just derivatives but life lessons that I can use each day. Mr. Feinberg: I had you as a teacher for three years and you helped bring my crazy ideas to life. You were also the one constant through much of high school, allowing me to adjust easily to each year and the many changes they brought. Mrs. Gorsuch: I had you as a teacher for two years and you helped me learn how to ask for help when I need it, and better organize myself to get things done on time. This will help me as I move forward into college. Dr. Jacky: You're the coolest teacher I know. Yes, you did teach me Spanish, but what I remember most is our long conversations about music, Sci-Fi, and video games. I will share my novel with you in the near future -- sorry for the long wait!

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting and people eatingImage may contain: one or more peopleImage may contain: 2 people, people standing, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 17 people, text

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Alisha Mohsin

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Running out to the woods and freezing with my friends after it started snowing during our English class midterm.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Staying way too late in the senior lounge with my friends after the last day before spring break.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Mansa Musa

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don't waste too much time worrying about the future, only do things that you genuinely want to do. Spend as much time as you can with your friends, because they're what's going to get you through the rough times and be with you for the best ones.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? It's your last year with your friends and teachers, don't let stress about college or classes or sports get in the way of spending as much time as you can with them. Even though senior year was the most stressful year of high school for me, it's also been by far the best because of the people I've been with. Enjoy every second with them!

What will you miss most about CA? Seeing my friends and teachers everyday.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Morris -- it's hard to put into words everything he's done for me, but when I think of Academy, I think of sitting at my desk in his classroom. I've had him for three years and there hasn't been a day where I've walked out of his room without feeling more like myself than when I walked in.

Image may contain: 4 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, standingImage may contain: 6 people, people standing, shoes and indoorImage may contain: 2 people, hatImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and childImage may contain: 2 people, child and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 person, standing and outdoor