Daily Schedule - Tuesday, May 12, 2020 - "F" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
AP Exams
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
-----------------------

Senior Spotlight - Emma Belford

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? The Wax Museum and riding the Bexley school bus.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Getting Kindergarten Buddies and the Winter Formal.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Randy Pausch

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don't stress over the little things in high school because you won't remember them in a couple years. What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Make the most of the time you have with your class cause you never know how much you'll miss it until it's gone. What will you miss most about CA? The relationships I've built with my closest friends, teachers and coaches.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Ms. Garita is one of the kindest and most supportive people I have ever met in my life. Every time I was stressed before or after a big game, I was always comforted by her because she always knew the right thing to say to calm my nerves and make me smile. The way she cares for her students and the relationships she builds with us is something special. Dr. Jacky has also always been one of my favorite parts about coming to school. Not only is he a great teacher, but he continues to make an effort to keep relationships with his students and always makes sure to check in on things. He is also one of the funniest people I've ever met and he never fails to make me laugh.

Image may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoorImage may contain: 6 people, people standing, outdoor and natureImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and shoesImage may contain: 15 people, people standing and indoorImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and suitImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Miles Razek

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Making friends through kickball and basketball at recess in Lower School.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? “April Absurdity” every year -- both running it and playing in it have been so much fun.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Miles Davis

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? It's cheesy, and you'll hear it a lot, but cherish your time in high school. It will be over before you know it. Also, make an effort to get to know everyone in your grade. These people will be by your side for the next four years, and you never know who could be your closest friend. Also, don't be afraid to participate, I promise you won't look weird.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Try to make the most out of your senior year. Go to that basketball game on a Tuesday night. Support and help your classmates however you can. It's your last year together so do your best to live in the moment and lift each other's spirits.

What will you miss most about CA? All of my friends and teachers. Academy has been my home and family for the past 12 years, and I'm going to deeply miss all of the relationships I've made, most of which I know are for life. I'm also going to miss all the little things. The kind daily interactions with nearly everyone I pass by, having a quick conversation with friends in line at lunch, and catching up with a teacher on our weekends.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Yan -- I've had her as my Chinese teacher for every year of high school, and it's felt as if I've grown up with her. I have such a close relationship with her and everyone else in my Chinese class, and we often text over breaks to see how each other are doing. She's shown me nothing but kindness and compassion over the last four years. Even though Chinese has been one of my hardest classes, she has made every second worth it.

Image may contain: 3 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 4 people, people standingImage may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 3 people, outdoorImage may contain: 5 people, people standing and suitImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 5 people, outdoorImage may contain: one or more people, grass, outdoor and nature