by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
AP Exams
3:30 - 6:30 p.m.  MS Pick-Up (A-L)
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
-------------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Donovan Simpson

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Being the ball boy for the football game during Academy's Centennial celebration and watching fireworks on the field afterwards.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? All of the senior dinners during football season, beating Bexley my senior year, keeping the Mayor's Cup, and winning on Thursday Night Lights.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Dr. Seuss

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Work hard in the early years of high school so you can take the classes you want your senior year. On the same note, have fun, as these will best years of your time at Academy -- enjoy them, make new friends, try new things, and most importantly take a deep breath once and a while and remember to enjoy where you are.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Have fun and take every opportunity life throws at you. Also, beware of Senior Lunch privileges, because they really drain your bank account fast!

What will you miss most about CA? Seeing my friends everyday and hanging out in the lounge in the morning.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mrs. Neal -- she was my favorite advisor and always was there for me. She helped me discover my love of acting and came back to give me my drama award in eighth grade. I will always think of her when I am about to go on stage. She has always had a special place in my heart and I will always remember her.

Image may contain: 5 people, textImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, standing, child, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, nightImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people standingImage may contain: 10 people, outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people standingImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, indoorImage may contain: 43 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, outdoor

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Sophia Freytag

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? My eighth grade girls basketball team.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Senior year Winter Formal.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Coco Chanel

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Make the most of your high school years and cherish the time you have with the people around you!

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Work hard in the beginning of the year because it will pay off. This is the best time you’ll get with your classmates, so live it up and you’ll have the best year!

What will you miss most about CA? The people I've shared the past six years with.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Jacky has really made an impact on me throughout my high school career. He has always shown me how much he cares about me and my future, and will always push me to strive for my best. I will always be so thankful to him for all his support!

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 3 people, child and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sportImage may contain: 5 people, people standingImage may contain: 16 people, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, child and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people sitting and childImage may contain: 3 people, shortsImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 2 people, people playing sports and child