Saturday, May 23, 2020

Saturday, May 23, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Ramadan
Eid al Fitr begins this evening
--------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Sam Massick

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Jumping around at the pep rallies as a lower-schooler.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Defeating Bexley in the regional semifinals in soccer this past fall.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Franklin D. Roosevelt

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Find something you have a passion for and stick with it throughout high school -- whether it be athletics, academics, or in the arts. Don't do things because you think they will “look good” for colleges, do something that you truly enjoy, because those are the things that will make you ultimately stand out.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Enjoy every minute of your senior year. Don't take things too seriously, and make sure to cherish every experience or event you have, because you never know when it might all end.

What will you miss most about CA? The supportive community of teachers and students that made going to school an enjoyable experience, as I have realized in the last couple months that I actually miss school.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Every teacher has positively impacted me throughout my time at CA, but I will always remember Mr. Street's life lessons and discussions, particularly his quote, "You're smart enough, but are you strong enough?" Mrs. Bening's personality and limitless energy is truly a joy to behold, and she made her class an enjoyable experience every single day. Coach Miller and Coach Leach have also helped me, not only as coaches, but also becoming a better person because of them.

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child and closeupImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, stadium and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, sitting and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, indoorImage may contain: 3 people, outdoorImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, child and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoor

--------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Rebecca Taylor

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Sigmund Freud

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Learn how to manage your time.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Get a lot of sleep!

What will you miss most about CA? The safety nets.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mrs. Brooks and the school nurses, Mrs. Fireman and Ms. Hoagland, because they've always been there for me and I will miss them the most.

Image may contain: 8 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, eyeglasses and closeupImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and shoesImage may contain: 4 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 2 people, people standingImage may contain: 1 person, indoorImage may contain: 1 person, standing, night and outdoor