Monday, May 25, 2020

Monday, May 25, 2020

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
Memorial Day - School Closed
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Rhian Seneviratne

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Going on the Washington D.C. trip in eighth grade and getting to know new classmates.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Winning the tennis doubles state title last spring with Suriya Sundaram.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Henry Ford

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Try new activities and clubs because you might end up liking something you'd never thought of.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Enjoy your last year at CA, especially if you play a sport, because that will be the last time you get to play with your teammates.

What will you miss most about CA? Tennis season

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Coach Wurtzman, because he came in my sophomore year and made a big impact on the entire team. He influenced me to become a better tennis player and a better person off of the court. He is among the kindest and most thoughtful people I have ever met.

Image may contain: 1 person, textImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and tennisImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 1 person, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 4 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport and outdoorImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 14 people, crowd and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoor

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Mark Carroll

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Mrs. Castle’s advisory

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Senior Lock-In

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. John Tukey

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Make sure to have good study habits.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Don't stress too much about school and make sure to have fun!

What will you miss most about CA? Free period during eighth block.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Feinberg and Mr. DeVore had the biggest impact on me because they helped grow my passion for computer science and robotics.

Image may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, child, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 4 people, people standing, child and outdoorImage may contain: 3 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 6 people, people standing and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: 1 person, tree and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, outdoorImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor