Daily Schedule - Tuesday, May 26, 2020 - "C" Day

by Shannon Nelson -
Number of replies: 0
MS Jack White Tournament
5 - 7:30 p.m. LS Pick-Up (A-K)
#AllinThisTogetherVikes!
------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Charlie Yaw

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? The art trip to Chicago.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Steve Jobs

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Work hard but always remember to have fun and enjoy your time with friends.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? Use this year to explore what you're really passionate about.

What will you miss most about CA? The beloved community.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Mr. Block has made a huge impact on my high school experience. He's not only made me a better artist, but conversation with him has really opened my mind and has made me more creative and thoughtful. Spending time in his room is one of the things I'll miss most about CA.

Image may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, closeupImage may contain: one or more people and people sittingImage may contain: 1 person, sitting, shoes and outdoorImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, sittingImage may contain: 1 person, shoesImage may contain: people playing sports and outdoorImage may contain: 1 person, sitting and indoorImage may contain: 6 people

---------------------------

Senior Spotlight - Mitch Priest

What is your favorite memory from your earliest year(s) at CA? Meeting all of my friends for the first time.

What is your favorite most recent memory at CA? Fighting through my injury to play, and win, in the boys basketball team’s final home playoff game in The Mack. Seeing where my friends are going to college has also been one of my fondest memories.

Name one person you have studied in class whom you would most want to talk with over lunch. Malcolm X or Toni Morrison

What is one piece of advice about Upper School you would give to the Class of 2024 (current 8th-graders)? Don’t be too cool for anything. Open your mind to new ideas and put yourself in discussions and situations that make you think about the way you view the world.

What is one piece of advice about being seniors would you give to the Class of 2021 (current juniors)? No matter how many times you are told to never take the time you have with others for granted, it never resonates until that time is gone. Do your absolute best to appreciate every second you are given with every member of the CA community, because senior year truly flies by. Don't be afraid to stop and take a look around every once in a while.

What will you miss most about CA? I will miss the sense of community that surrounds Academy and everyone in the CA Community that has made the past three years the best of my life, especially my friends.

What teacher, coach or staff member has made the biggest impact on you and why? Dr. Broh has made the biggest impact on me because she has shown what it means to truly be supportive of others. No matter what may be going on in her life, she is constantly thinking about others and takes an active part in helping them with whatever they need. Her dedication, ability to problem solve, and her unique perspective on the world are a few of the things that I hope to one day emulate.

Image may contain: 6 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, smiling, child, closeup and outdoorImage may contain: 2 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, people playing sports and outdoorImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: 1 person, playing a sport, baseball and outdoorImage may contain: 1 personImage may contain: 2 people, people standing and shoesImage may contain: 3 peopleImage may contain: one or more people, child and closeup